Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bootie Babe Pink Slink

Last week's post was draining, so you know what that means, pink polish. Also, I have started doing nail polish swaps. Its the awesome of nail mail and the freeing joy of getting rid of polishes I will never wear.

Bootie Babe (the brand) was created by a man. No surprise here. Have you see the butt on the bottle? Its like sexual harassment being marketed to women. *sigh* I did not photo the butt. It felt almost lewd. This bottle shot was just in my hand while checking lighting.Outdoors was too bright, and I ran out of batteries before I took another shot.



I got Pink Slink in a mystery box blog sale. Its a spring pink creme. Coverage evened out in 2 coats for the most part, but it was streaky. Its a nice spring color on me, but I would not really recommend it. See below.



Now this is an older polish (made in 2011), so if you buy new ones from the company, ignore the next rant. They fixed it, but since I am reviewing the one I have here it goes. The handle is a BEAST. Its short and wide. Even my 5 year old had issues. And the brush is teeny. I think the brush are the main causes for streaky hot mess. Ugh.

As an aside, when I was looking up info on the company I found out when this polish was sold they retailed for $6 and could be found on sale for $4. Now they run $12 for the bottle and clearance at $8. I guess that longer handle led to a 100% increase in costs. :-P So yeah. Love the color, not a fan of formula and less a fan of the brush/bottle. I would probably go pick up a drug store light pink cream for less than $6 and be happy with it.

Here is the tiny bottle compared to a Sinful Colors bottle. The SC is about half used and there is still more polish than in the BB.


If you want to buy this brand to give out as gag gifts or to your favorite chauvinist pig, you can google the company name and find them. They do not have a regular line, so if you like a color you see, buy it.

P.S. I only reviewed this because I decided to review everything I wear if I have a camera handy. But now I want to go pink cream polish hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment